This recipe can be considered a healing chicken soup as a reliable trial stated it had a beneficial affect on sinuses and respiratory system clearing both of infection.
4 large carrots
2 medium onions
1 small parsnip
3 sticks celery
6 medium potatoes
6 cloves of garlic
Cup of soup mix (lentils, split peas and barley)
Cup of brown rice
½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Fresh thyme, a few sprigs
Large chicken or 4 chicken fillets
2 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
½ tsp sea salt
Black pepper, good pinch
2 pints of veg stock or water
- Prepare chicken; remove skin. Cut in to portions or cook whole chicken
- Heat oil and fry chopped onion and garlic gently without browning for about 5mins.
- Add veg. (excluding potato) cover and cook gently until oil is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour. May be cooked in pressure cooker for 20mins.
- May be eaten immediately or liquidised or frozen for 6 weeks.
This soup has been medically proven to drain sinuses and boost the immune system.